Spectrum Groupe is pleased to announce that we are releasing Ideation version 5.0. This version includes major features requested by our customers.
Custom forms based on custom fields when creating ideas
Since this version you can enable custom forms per space when creating ideas. Form fields are custom fields that are created by Confluence administrators and that can be configured based on each space as displayed in screenshot below:
To add new custom fields please navigate as Confluence administrators to Ideation Global Configuration > Custom Fields.
Within this interface you are able to:
- Create new custom fields
- Navigate custom fields list or check what custom fields are associated to each confluence space (click on Spaces button to switch view)
Create new custom fields
Custom field creation form contains following informations :
- Custom field ID : Unique identifier of the field.
- Label : The text displayed next to the custom field in the idea creation form
- Type : Custom field type. You can select from following default types: simple text, date picker, user picker, single select
- Apply to spaces : Immediately apply the created field to the selected spaces (can be changed later).
- Mandatory field : the created field is mandatory in the idea creation form.
Idea creation forms are composed of previously created fields.
Each space contains an idea creation form, Space admins (or Confluence admins) can add/remove or reorder custom fields in/for that space.
View idea creation form
The created form will be displayed in the second page of the idea creation wizard as following
If the idea creation form do not have any created fields, the second page of the wizard won't be displayed.
Custom fields data
Additional data are stored in the database as key,value metadata, and are displayed in a new Macro called idea metadata.
This macro is automatically added to ideas created after installing version 5.X but can added manually for previously created ideas.
Idea metadata can be updated after being initially added to idea. This can be done by clicking the small pen in the top right corner of the macro. Please note that this option is only available to users with edit permission for idea page.
- This macro can be configured to display data in a List, Vertical tabs and Horizontal tabs (1)
- In addition it's possible to limit the display to certain fields, if an idea contains two custom fields metadata macro can display only one of them (2)
This macro can be added manually once or multiple times to idea. This can be useful if you want to play with metadata to display based on categories or section.
Idea workflow, transitions and feedback
As several of our customer requested it, our product team has started working on introducing non linear workflows for Ideation.
This work will be done on several steps in order to prepare our users for this change :
- Version 5.0 : Workflow is presented on two sections: Statuses and transitions where roles are configured on transitions and no more on statuses
- Version 6.0 : Introducing the ability to add multiple in/out transitions per status
First step has been implemented as following:
With this change we also introduced a new feedback display in the idea. Each feedback is detailed based on transition made as following:
Space ideas statistics board
This version of Ideation includes a detailed statistics view per space. This view is available for space administrators.
This view contains information such as:
- Total number of ideas, creators and sponsored ideas.
- Number of ideas per status represented in a pie chart.
- Number of ideas created per day or user represented by a line chart.
- Most voted ideas, most commented ideas, most liked ideas, most viewed ideas, most sponsored ideas, most shared ideas.
- Main contributors, main active sponsors.
As always, we're here to help, if you've come across a problem, want to provide feedback or require support, you can get in touch by email to Support.
Spectrum Groupe is pleased to announce the release of Ideation - Version 4.0.7.
Detailed user guide for new features in version 4.0.7
Bug fix and improvements provided in this version
Spectrum Groupe is pleased to announce the release of Ideation - Version 4.0.4
This release contains the following bug-fixs:
- Control error when filling "create challenge" form.
- Adding alternative to color picker via input field when creating challenge. Some of our users observed compatibility issues on Chrome 66 to open color picker.
We added an input field to add an Hexa code for challenge if any compatibility issue is observed in order to don't block our users from creating challenges.
- Fixing adding multiple labels when creating new idea to challenge. Some of users observed issues when creating challenges with multiple labels. We improved this feature to support Confluence's native label input field when creating ideas in challenge.
We recently noticed some dysfunctions when Ideation plugin is installed on a Confluence Data Center platform.
This release provide mainly fixes for issues related to this type of platform.
It also provide some i18n fixes.
Due to a bug affecting our plugin macros rendering in Confluence 5.9.1 and 5.9.2, many of our users noticed compatibility issues for previously listed Confluence versions. Ideation plugin Version 3.0.1 bring a fix for this bug.
We are also happy to announce that this version is also marked by Data Center compatibility. Many of you requested it and we hope you will enjoy our plugin with the suitable Confluence version and configuration.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Here we go, as announced Spectrum Groupe is pleased to release the version 3.0 of Ideation plugin. Enhanced features, more options for diverse use cases and bug fixes, you will for sure like this new version.
You can find below an overview of the main features included in this version:
Ideation Dashboard (Screenshot 1)
This dashboard aims to give you a global view about all ideation areas (Ideation by space) within your Confluence instance. You just need to visit the link Ideation within the header as indicated in red in the screenshot 1.
- Get statistics about your ideation area by space (number of ideas, contributors, comments),
- Easy navigation to each ideation index by space,
- Search ideas by content or words contained in idea's title
- Filter ideas by label,
- Add a ideation area to your favorite,
- Navigate directly to your favorite ideation spaces.
Screenshot 1 : Ideation global dashboard
Ideation search content (Screenshot 2)
For this version, we added search feature for ideas. When you navigate to global ideation dashboard, you can perform full text research for ideas (search criteria: idea title and idea content)
Screenshot 2 : Ideation search content
Filter ideas by label/topic (Screenshot 3)
This feature has been requested by many customers where they have the possibility to use the idea page labels in order to categorize or separate content.
We added within ideation dashboard a view totally dedicated to labels or topics as called by some of our users. When clicking a label you will be redirected to a result with all ideas that have this label as displayed in screenshot 3.
Screenshot 3 : Search Ideas by label
Statuses management (Screenshot 4)
Starting this version you will be able to move your statuses and reorder them as you want within you configuration panel. You just need to drag and drop your status to reorder them.
Screenshot 4 : Reorder statuses
Sponsor feature (Screenshot 5,6)
You can enable sponsor feature to give your idea and its feasibility more relevance. You can specify the users and actors that are allowed or supposed to sponsor you ideas. This way when those users will visit an idea they will have a button to sponsor it and a panel to list the other sponsors as displayed in the screenshots below:
Screenshot 5 : specifying ideation sponsors
Screenshot 6 : Sponsor feature within Idea
Badges feature (Screenshot 7,8)
To make votes more representative we added a configurable badges system to ideation blueprint. You can enable/disable this feature from your configuration panel as displayed below
Screenshot 7 : badges configuration panel
A badge will be displayed in your idea page to give you information about number of votes and make the most voted ideas more attractive.
Screenshot 8 : idea badge
Enhanced space ideation dashboard and filters (Screenshot 9)
The new dashboard is characterized by more statistics, better look and feel and easy way to create ideas from dashboard. Three filters have been added to this dashboard: Filter by statuses, by creator and creation period. You can also configure Ideation listing macro by setting it's parameters (macro that display ideas stream) to get ideas from a specified space and/or to get ideas that have specified labels.
Screenshot 9 : Dashboard and filters
Updates and fixes list
The V2.0 of IDEATION Blueprint has just landed. Here what's new within this major release :
1 - Flexible - Custom Status Management
Many of you asked us about customizing the ideation Process, with specific Ideation Steps, titles and colors ! We've done it
2 - Roles Management
Ideation Manager role is no longer sufficient ? You can now add new roles, link them with specific users and / or groups, and define their responsibilities. You can hence map your ideation process with actual responsibilities in your teams.
3 - Track Changes, Explain transitions with feedbacks !
When moving an idea from one status to another, an ideation manager can now easily add some feedback
4 - Archive Ideas
Need to clean your Idea List ? Now as an space administrator you can easily enable the Archiving Mode.
Any Idea can be archived at any step.
An archived idea is simply dropped from the ideation process but still visible and can be re - evaluated later if needed.
5 - All in one "ideation administration panel"
All these features are now accessible directly from the ideation menu, available under the space tools section.
We are pround to annouce the launch of our ideation blueprint for confluence Version 1.0.
Ideation blueprint effectively supports team innovation. It lets you share new ideas, vote them, discuss them and emerge most interesting ones. With ideation blueprint, users can actively contribute in multiple innovation areas such as product design roadmap, engineering processes and management methods. Make small improvements to drive business excellence.
Key use cases