Spectrum Groupe is pleased to announce that we are releasing Glossary version 5.0. This version includes major features requested by our customers.
Glossary 5.0.0 is a major version that includes a lot of changes, that's why we recommend that you try it in your test environment before using it in your production one.
We have recently focused on how many users write glossary in many languages, so we had the idea, why don't we use glossary for every language, for easier maintenance and use.
So, we have defined a new feature called "Language". With this, you can create a glossary with the language you would prefer, such as "English" or "French" … etc.
Create glossary Language
By clicking the create button in the confluence panel and choosing "Glossaries", we have two options to select (Pic. 01):
- Language: Which we can select the language that the glossary will be with it. In the following picture, we selected English.
- Prefix: We have to choose a prefix for the selected language. It mustn't be empty, only for if the chosen language is No-Language.
After the creation of a glossary with the selected language, we will get the glossary overview page with a title that contains the chosen prefix (Pic .02).
Here we can also create another language, as many as we can and we will get a new glossary with the alphabet of the chosen language looking exactly like the previous one (Pic 03) with the same order as mentioned in the Glossary Structure Page.
PS: you only can create one glossary per language within the same space. For example, it's impossible to create in the same space two English glossaries.
the next picture shows the alphabet of the Czech language (Pic. 04).
Consult glossary Languages
To consult the created glossaries, we have added a new page that groups the glossaries and shows some details with the option for searching terms using the Space Search Macro.
We can also consult the created glossaries by clicking the link 'Glossaries' in the sidebar and we will get something like the following picture (pic. 05).
This page helps us create new glossaries by clicking "Add Glossary" in the top right, we will get a pop-up with the non existed glossaries to create.
In any page letter of a glossary, we have added a filter feature to easier search for a term (Pic. 06). You can search using many options as following:
- Creator: We can select either a single user, multiple users, all users, or current users.
- Order By: We can order terms by creation date, creator names, or terms title.
- Date: We can customize the date of search, either by typing the date of start and date of end or choosing an existing date like last month.
- Options of a term: Such as search by title or definition...
Space Settings new features
Highlight new features
We have re-worked the space settings menu with new interfaces (see Improvements part) and added new features. In highlight part, we added two new features, one of them is to highlight with sub term and the second is the occurrence term highlight number (Pic. 08).
The first feature does not highlight only the terms also their sub term. For example, if we have a term with its title is Spectrum and on a confluence page we have the word Spectrum-Group, this feature will highlight also Spectrum.
About the second feature, if we want only to get the first 3 highlighted terms in a confluence page, just set the option to 3. Also, we have other options of the highlight as auto-highlight, Highlight from …
Other new features
Some clients have asked to add this feature to improve the term looking, specially in case of glossaries without abbreviations nor synonyms. with the activation of this features, the tag of synonyms / abbreviations will be hidden for terms without synonyms / abbreviations.(Pic. 08)
There is a new section called Language in space tools in which we can get the created languages in the current space with their prefixes with the option of editing button (Pic. 09).
By Clicking the icon of dots we get two tabs:
this option allows to(Pic. 10):
- Change the prefix of the selected language: when we want to change the prefix of the glossary and letter pages. The title of these pages can not be modified unless using this feature. We have stopped the title editing because the user will have an issue creating glossaries (with other languages) if he removed the prefix or use a prefix of other language (for example).
- Activate/deactivate the first letter check when creating a new term. The first letter check is used when we want to add a certain term to a certain letter but their first letter doesn't match ( Japanese language for example).
In this tab, we have the option to change the language from the selected one to the "No Language" or vice versa. By changing the language of the glossary, the prefix of glossary and letters pages will change, all terms also will be switched to the new languages, the non-activated letters of the old language will not be switched and the letters of the new language will be added the glossary overview Macro in glossary page (Pic. 11).
Global configuration new features
We added the possibility to share the new configuration with other spaces. by sharing the configuration, all configuration related to Glossary in source space will copied in the destination space. Also, we have added the possibility to share the configuration with all the existent spaces in confluence (Pic. 12).
Sanity Check new features
In the sanity check, we provided new methods to fix bugs related to created terms:
This feature is to restore the real creators of terms in all spaces, by fetching for the time the term injected in the page and by whom using page history. this feature fetches in a lot of data that's why it may take some time. So, we decided to develop another feature that takes less time.
Unwanted usernames by glossary:
This is the same as the previous method but in a specific space and language. After choosing this option in sanity check list, we have to choose the space and the language ( Pic. 13).
We made some little modification in the creating of a term, as we can see in the picture below, we have label(s), synonym(s), and abbreviations(s) as an advanced select2 which means either we select from the option will be shown by typing or we add a new one if the options don't exist (Pic . 14.
Term Creation using hover with Language/Letter option
We added the option of choosing a language when adding a term by inline (hovering the wanted word) option. In this part, we selected English as a language and we filled the rest of the options. If selected language is configured with no check for the first letter, then we have also to choose which letter the new letter will be added to (Pic . 15).
If we have the permission to edit page in the selected space, a message will appear with a link to created term. The next picture shows the result of adding a term by hover feature (Pic. 16):
Pic . 15
Glossary Settings improvements
We have changed the view of space tools. Settings have been separated into Theme, Highlight, and other.
Which we can get to choose the highlight color, text style and if we want to show highlight button in confluence pages (Pic. 17).
which we can configure to activate highlight automatically, choose from what spaces we can highlight, add synonyms and abbreviations as base to highlight and, the two new features highlight sub-terms and Occurrence term highlight number (Pic. 18).
in this tab, we added a new option of hiding the tag of empty synonym and abbreviation (for better UX). Also, we have the auto-hover option and case sensitive while highlighting terms (Pic. 18).
Glossary Import Menu improvements
We also changed the view of the import menu for better UX, for both CSV and Excel like choosing the type of file to be imported interface (Pic. 19), or mapping interface (Pic. 20), or statics interface after import in both table mode (Pic.21) or graph mode (Pic. 22) . Here are some pictures of the new interfaces.
Advanced Search with Language option
In Glossary Dashboard, in specifically advanced search tab, we added also search by glossary language. You can choose more than 1 language (Pic. 23).
Sanity check improvements
In the sanity check, we provided new methods to fix any kind of bug (Pic. 24).
- Unknown usernames: This feature is to restore the real creators of terms in all spaces.
- Unwanted usernames by glossary: This is the same as the previous method but in a specific space and language.
- Global outdated configurations: if there was a space with missing configurations, we can use this option to fix them.
- Global deleted spaces configuration: if there was a deleted space but the configuration is still persisted in the database, this option will delete old data.
- Global archive configuration: if there was an archived space with not synchronized settings, this feature will fix it.
- Letters of deleted spaces: check database for saved letters of deleted spaces.